Thank you to the awesome customer that ordered a new exhaust and sent it to me!!
The quality of the system is very good, welds are clean, and the fit is excellent. This system looks like it was specifically designed to fit this bike with a unique one-off canister. They also managed to keep the noise levels reasonable. I am impressed.
It did not include an o2 extender, but one is not needed. The o2 bung is a narrow band and accepts the stock o2 sensor without an adaptor.
The instructions could be better, but they were adequate. I found the system straight forward to install. I put the header together on the work bench, so I knew where each header tube went before I really started. Once mounted it is solid with excellent fit to the bike and to the different pieces on the system.
Install took me an hour and 20 minutes from start to finish. I removed the top radiator mounting bolts which allowed me to slide the radiator off the bottom mount. I also removed the bottom radiator bracket so it would not be in the way. I used new exhaust gaskets but think you would be fine reusing the stock ones as they are very thick. I used dabs of grease to hold the exhaust gaskets in place when mounting the header tubes. Once the exhaust was loosely on the bike, I moved from the back of the bike forward to tighten all the bolts. Many people do this backwards and start at the front of the bike which can give you alignment issues.
My highly calibrated bathroom scale weighed the stock exhaust at 16 lbs with the Leo vince also weighing in at 16 lbs with all the hardware for no weight savings. The price of a larger well constructed canister.
There is a DB killer that is removable ( I had to use a chisel to break a spot weld on the bolt). It made a nice decrease in noise levels at idle and lower rpm with minimal decrease in sound at full tilt. Dyno run and DB levels below
First is stock bike(red) vs Leo Vince exhaust with stock ecu (no tuning,blue): Nice gains across the range with no areas below the stock bike
2021 - 23 MT09 Leo Vince Race exhaust system
- AISI 304 stainless steel
- Matte ceramic-based black paint resistant to high temperatures
- Weight reduced by 30% compared to the original exhaust
- TIG welding
- Laser cut bracket
- Full-carbon heat shield
- Honeycomb mesh
- Laser etched LV logo
- Aluminum plate with embossed LV logo included in the package
- Carbon fiber heat shield included in the package
Add matching ECU flash for an $250. A $25 savings over its normal price.
To see my testing results use link
2021 -23 MT09 /Tracer 9 GT/XSR900 ECU flash
This is the page to purchase the flash for :
2021 - 2023 MT09
2021-2023 Tracer GT 9
To see information on this flash with testing results of different exhausts and intake set ups please see my 2021 MT09 specific page
please fill out and send this form with your ecu . This is how you will tell me your modifications and what you want from the flash
2021-23 MT 09/ 22-23 XSR 900 Tracer GT Sprint drop in filter
Also fits the 2021 Tracer GT900
The F1 filters slightly better and is waterproof, both filters perform the same
- Single layer polyester
- P08 material currently used in MotoGP and WSBK
- Innovative polyester material allows for consistent airflow
- Steel wire mesh with epoxy varnish finish
- Optimized filter surface area provides more airflow, more power and more filtration
- Increased air permeability and filtration efficiency when compared to cotton air filters
- Airflow: 5,050 l/m2/sec. / Filtration: 80μm
- Can be cleaned using only compressed air
- Dry filter, no oil treatments required
- Direct OEM replacement
- 1 year warranty
- See technical tab for additional fitment listing
see my intake testing results here
2021 - 23 MT09/ 22-23 XSR 900 DNA Stage 2 lid with or without ECU flash
OEM Air Filter Air Flow: 94.20 CFM
DNA Air Filter Air Flow: 145.80 CFM
DNA Increased Air Flow: +54.78%
DNA Filtering Efficiency: 98-99%
- This filter features DNA®’s Stage 2 kit eliminates the OEM intake snorkel of YAMAHA models and offers higher performance and better intake sound.
- This Stage 2 kit is designed to replace the stock plastic air box top cover and OEM air filter. With the use of P-Y9N21-S2 there is no need to use the OEM air filter or DNA P-Y9N21-01.
- Included in the Stage 2 kit you will find all the necessary parts to install the Stage 2. Special stainless steel bracket for mounting the stock ECU is supplied and also zip ties to mount and tie down your ECU are supplied.
- The airflow of this new DNA Stage 2 air filteris +54.78% more than the stock YAMAHA air box with OEM air filter & stock air box cover applied!
- Stock air box with OEM air filter & OEM cover flow : 94.20 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5”H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- Stock airbox with DNA Stage 2 air filter: 145.80 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5”H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- This DNA® Stage 2 kit is designed as a High Flow product for: ‘Road & Race use’.
- Yamaha MT-09 DNA Air Filter Stage 2 Series :Yamaha MT-09 (2021)
- Yamaha MT-09 SP (2021)
click here to see my testing results
combine the lid with my matching ECU flash and save $25 off of the flash !!